Maxim Mihaliov: “ I think that we will become champions”
FC Dacia recruited a new player a few days before the New Year. The team was joined by Maxim Mihaliov who had played for Dinamo Bender, Iskra-Stal Rîbniţa and an Israeli club for half a year. He scored 26 goals in 140 matches of the National Division and secured his team a sensational away win against Sheriff Tiraspol in 2009.
- Maxim, how did your football career begin?
- I was at kindergarten back then. My mom died when I was five, father was working all day long and my brother looked after me. He was playing football and brought me with him. That's how I started training.
- Dinamo Bender took the fifth spot in 2008/2009. Was this season the best in you career?
- I think so. I put in quite a good performance and helped my team secure victories.
- How did you end up in an Israeli club?
- My agent called me and offered me to pursue my career in Israel. I agreed and ended up with the team I did not plan on transferring to. I signed for six months with the squad where Igor Costrov played on loan. Eventually, I cancelled the contract by mutual consent. I was in a strained relation with the president. Everything began from the very first meeting when he was smoking with his feet on the table while I was signing the contract.
Once he called my agent in the 15th minute of the match after I had sent an assist and told him that I was the worst player of the team.But the last straw after which I left was when he told me that the team had lost because of me while I had sat on the bench the whole game.
- Why did you transfer to Dacia?
img style="float: right;" src="http://fcdacia.md/admin/upload/medium/100_4150_medium_1296654257.jpg" alt="" width="348" height="217" />
- Well, Olimpia invited me first after that 0-0 tie against them in the Championship. I did not agree because they had worse conditions. My agent called me on Dec. 30 and offered to transfer to Dacia. I weighed all the pros and cons and agreed.
- Did you have any problems fitting in?
- No, I did not have any difficulties. Moldova is a small country and everybody knows each other, I played with Dima Popovici for Dinamo Bender 6 years ago. I have known Matiughin since I was a child because he played with my brother and me. I know the guys pretty well so I didn't have any problems.
- What do you think of the first training camp with the team?
- It's a little bit difficult to train for 3 weeks at the camp. But overall everything is fine. I talked to my wife and she said that it was -13 C back home. It's definitely much better to train with +20 'C outside.
- What do you do at the camp when you have free time?
- We play cards.
- What for?
- For push-ups!
- What is your motivation on the football field?
- To win! Not to score, but to win.
- Do you think that Dacia will be able to win the Championship?
- Yes, I think. I think that we have all the necessary conditions. Plus, Sheriff are not their former selves anymore. I think that we will become champions.
ADD A NEW COMMENT
READ ALL COMMENTS
- No comments yet